1. Admission is open to state subject and children of Central Govt. employees, Army and Paramilitary personal posted in J& K.
2. The admission schedule is announced every year containing detailed information and published in local newspapers much earlier to the start of the admission.
3. Students seeking admission in B.A. Part-I shall apply on a prescribed admission from appended with the prospects which will be obtained from the college office.
a) Provisional certificate/testimonials must be attached wit the admission from.
b) Marks certificate of the class last passed (one original and four attested copies);
c) Character certificate issued by the head of the institution last attended.
d) In case of private candidates a character certificate should be signed by a first class Magistrate/ S.H.O. of the concerned area.
e) Three untested copies of recent passport size photograph;
f) Matriculation certificate (original and two attested copies);
g) Transfer certificate of father or guardian in case of children of Military or Para-military personnel or Central Government employees;
h) Reserved category certificate from the competent authority as stated in SRO-294 (original and two attested copies)
i) Migration certificate for the students of Boards/Universities other than J&K Board/Universities other than Board/University of Jammu and Kashmir.
1. A student who has passed the Higher Secondary Part-II examination (Class XII) of the J&K Board of School Education or an examination recognized as its equivalent by the University of Jammu is only eligible for admission to B.A. I;
2. A student whose result is declared late by the J&K Board may be admitted as per admission rules of the University, subject to the availability of seats;
3. A student who is admitted to the College and completes the minimum required attendance but either fails or does not appear in the ensuing University examination will no be considered for admission in the same class;
4. If a student after being admitted, remains continuously absent for 10 days, he/she shall be removed from the College rolls and shall not be re-admitted to the same class during the same year. The year so wasted shall be counted as one year break and dealt with under appropriate clauses, if he/she presents himself/herself for re-admission during the next year;
5. Change of subject is not permitted after admission. Admission to a particular stream/subject combination shall be purely on the availability of seats.